Things learned while running
November 16, 2011 Leave a comment
I did this awhile back ago about walking, and I thought it would be fun to do the same thing for running. So here are some random tidbits I’ve picked up while running:
- If I don’t stop before the halfway mark I will most likely make it all the way without stopping.
- If I do stop before the halfway mark good luck getting me to start running again!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a cute girl to motivate me to previously unobtainable feats of exercise.
- Also, don’t underestimate the power of my own laziness.
- After running for a mile I’m not sure how much faster me running is compared to a good walking pace.
- To be honest I’m not sure how much faster my normal running pace is compared to a good walking pace.
- Somehow I can always count on a surge of energy when I reach the end to finish strong.
- Cool down walks are a must.
- I’ve never vomited after exercising, but I now understand why some people do after running.
- Slow and steady wins the race, right? I’ll take the tortoise any day of the week.
Yesterday morning I ran for 1.7 miles at just around 23 minutes. I think that means if I’m able to run the whole Turkey Trot I can probably get it done in 45-50 minutes. That’ll be what I’m shooting for!