Things learned while walking
June 28, 2011 Leave a comment
- If you walk the same time every day you end up seeing a lot of the same people out and about. You start to recognize them even though you have no clue who they are.
- There are two types of people in the world: those who say hi as they pass and those that totally ignore you. I like to say hi.
- Lots of people walk their dogs at night.
- There are two types of dogs in the world: those that want you to pet them and those that–wait, there’s only one type of dog. They all want you to pet them as you walk by!
- I want a dog. But just not any dog. A good dog, like a lab.
- Sometimes people in cars like to yell at you. Sometimes they even know your name, but they drive by too fast for you to see if you recognize them.
- Once in a blue moon a car full of teenagers will throw a water balloon at you… and miss.
- Every now and then you do run in to people you know.
- Walking gives you lots of time to think and ponder life. I like that.